Piolo's Valentine Concert with KC Concepcion


For Piolo Pascual, there is no sweeter way of expressing one’s feelings of love and affection than through music.

During his Valentine’s Day concert dubbed Piolo Meets The Maestro, he serenaded the fans with an array of romantic songs. This was held last February 14 at the PICC in Pasay City.

Among his guests were the Ryan Cayabyab Singers, Sitti, and Yend Constantino. No less than the maestro himself Mr. Ryan Cayabyab was the musical director. Piolo the singer and Ryan the composer and musician were backed by a five-piece band.

PEP reported that during the concert, his girlfriend KC Concepcion was among the audience. The night's highlight was when Piolo went to KC while singing “Ikaw ang Pangarap.” He knelt before her and hugged her after the song.

In front of the audience, Piolo expressed how he felt for KC.

“When I was thinking about the lyrics of that song, I realized there's just one dream that I've always wanted to fulfill -- to be with that special someone.

“I've always been single most of my life. I'm giving love a chance. I've always been a private person. My admission on ‘The Buzz’ was nerve-wracking. I had to stand up for somebody... somebody who's really...” It was at this point that a teary-eyed Piolo stopped and said, “Naiiyak ako.”

“Somebody who's been there, who showed me the true meaning of love. Thank you, Kristina,” he finished.

After the concert, Piolo admitted that like KC, it was his first time to spend Valentine’s Day with someone. He did not expect to be emotional on stage. “Hindi ko rin alam, e. Hindi ko naman ine-expect yon. I just wanted to say a few words to thank her, nadala siguro [ako].

When Piolo was asked if they are now ready to take things to the next level, he replied, “Whatever it is, let's just go with the flow. We don't want to preempt things. Whatever KC and I have, yun na yun. Whatever you guys see, just support and pray.

“Let's not try to be ahead of what we have. Pray with us and pray for us,” he added.

Comments